- Width 1200mm, 1500mm, 1800mm & 2000mm
Internal working width (External width less 300mm)
- Depth 900mm
Internal working depth 580mm
- Height 2075mm
Internal working height 1955mm
Water Wash fume cupboards can be manufactured to clients’ own dimensional requirements including extra width, depth and internal height.
- Radius designed intake profile giving excellent airflow characteristics and containment results.
- Twin skinned carcase in 16 swg zintec coated mild steel with epoxy powder
- Aerodynamically designed sill in 316 grade stainless steel.
- Sash in 6mm thick toughened glass with full width aerodynamic finger grip.
- Sprung loaded guide channels to give the sash a smooth operation and
- Counter balanced sash with twin stainless steel cables running in pulleys for smooth movement.
- Fail safe sash mechanism to prevent rapid decent.
- Sash lock mechanism with automatic re-setting feature.
- Adjustable internal baffle to assist with balancing and even airflow distribution.
- Light box mounted externally out of airflow.
- Electrical and mechanical services mounted on removable service plates for service and maintenance.
- Fume cupboards are both pre-wired and pre-plumbed to ensure minimum site installation time.
Internal Lining & Worktops
Internal linings and worktops are chosen for their suitability for the chemicals and processes used.
- Toughened glass.
- High pressure solid grade laminate.
- One piece moulded cast epoxy.
Optional Extras & Services
- Alarm/control panels.
- Water front controls & outlets, i.e. cold water, hot water, steam.
- Gas front controls & outlets, i.e. nitrogen, compressed air, natural gas,
- Electrical socket outlets, i.e. single, double, RCD protected, spark proof.
- Waste outlets, i.e. circular drip cups, oval drip cups, sinks, troughs, bottle traps.
- Support frames.
- Acid and/or solvent storage cupboards, in mild steel or timber, with or without ventilation. Restrictions apply if fume cupboard is recirculatory type.
- Infill panels to ceiling height with by-pass grilles.
- Automatic fire extinguishers c/w flame detection unit.
Manufactured to BS EN 141175
These cupboards are ideal when perchloric, hydrofluoric or other corrosive substances are used.
Water wash fume cupboards are built in standard configuration and have two options –
- Mains Fed (supply)
Mains fed water wash fume cupboards have a water front control on the service plate and dump directly to a waste connection. Extracted air passes through a knitmesh housing to remove moisture before discharging to atmosphere.
Recirculatory type fume cupboards work when the fume cupboard is switched on and the water is recycled via a holding tank and pump. Extracted air passes through a knitmesh housing to remove moisture before discharging to atmosphere