Fumetec are committed to ensuring our customers continue to work in safe environments long after we have installed your fume Cupboards and extract systems.As well as a moral duty to look after the health and wellbeing of your staff, there is a legal duty under the COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) under regulation 9 which require that measures are taken to provide effective control through the use of local exhaust ventilation must be maintained in effective working order and also in good repair. Every LEV system must be examined and tested at least once every 14 months. All testing is carried out in accordance with regulation and standards including BS EN 14175:2003, COSHH Reg 9, HSG259 and CLEAPSS.
Our approach to maintenance and servicing of your products is being completely thorough and involves testing all components for safety and integrity as well as replacing or repairing any parts to ensure your system remains effective and compliant for the user.
Typical features inspected during our visits include;
- Airflow readings using a rotating anemometer
- Inspection of the sash and the tracking system
- Inspection of all safety features under the electronic controls system
- Inspection of worktops for any cracks etc and the integrity of the sealing within the internal chamber of the fume Cupboard
- Inspection of lighting to ensure the user benefits from sufficient lighting.
- Inspection of the fume extraction systems for cracks where visual inspections are possible with safe access.
- Inspection of the fan unit
Following our engineer’s maintenance and testing, customers can expect to receive a commissioning and testing report. Any fault finding will be concluded in the engineers report and recommendations shown.
For further information, we do cover all ranges of Fume Cupboards and Extract Systems and include the following markets although not exhaustive; Research, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Petro-chemical, Food, Universities, Schools, Hospitals and Microelectronics.