Educational Fume Cupboards
- Radius designed intake profile giving excellent airflow characteristics and containment results.
- Twin skinned carcase in 16 swg zintec coated mild steel with epoxy powder coated finish.
- Aerodynamically designed sill in 316 grade stainless steel.
- Sash in 6mm thick toughened glass with full width aerodynamic finger grip.
- Sprung loaded guide channels to give the sash a smooth operation and excellent stability.
- Counter balanced sash with twin stainless steel cables running in pulleys for smooth operation.
- Fail safe sash mechanism to prevent rapid decent.
- Sash lock mechanism with automatic re-setting feature.
- Minimum sash height of 400mm.
- Adjustable internal baffle to assist with balancing and even airflow distribution.
- Light box mounted externally out of airflow.
- Services are mounted on either the support frame fascia or on a plinth if bench mounted.
- Fume cupboards are both pre-wired and pre-plumbed to ensure minimum site installation time
- Worktop in solid grade laminate with marine edging.
- Double 13amp switched socket.
- Internal light with switch.
- Gas service outlet.
- Water service outlet.
- Drip cup.
- Fan on/off switch with indicator.
- Airflow indicator panel.
Manufactured and Tested to:
- BS 7258.
- Building Bulletin 88.
- Design Note 29.
- Support frame.
- Infill panels to ceiling with bypass grills.
- Alarm panel.
- Acid/Solvent underbench storage cupboards – (can be extracted if required).
- One piece cast epoxy resin worktop.
- PVC/Polypropylene worktop.
Generally, in compliance with Bulletin 88 and CLEAPSS for fume cupboards designed for primary use in schools and colleges.
Fixed or Semi-Mobile
Education type fume cupboards can be supplied with any combination of solid or toughened glass viewing panels to the two sides and/or rear to give excellent all round visibility.
These fume cupboards can be supplied as fixed (on metal support frames or fitted on clients bench tops) or semi-mobile with lockable castors and flexible connections to the extract system and services.
- Width 1000mm, 1200mm, 1500mm
Internal working width
(External width less 300mm)
- Depth 750mm
Internal working depth 450mm
- Height 1200mm
Internal working height 1080mm
Education fume cupboards can be manufactured to clients’ own dimensional requirements including extra width, depth and internal height.